What SmartPhone Users Want Most From Mobile Sites Today
Google has compiled some valuable research on the wants and wishes of mobile website visitors, and HubSpot has made a list of 20 of the top stats available on their Inbound Marketing blog.
Still trying to make the case for mobile optimization of your company's website?
Or worse -- have you gotten the green light, but are so overwhelmed by the project that you don't know where to begin?
Makes sense. Starting from square one is hard. Google probably figured as much, and they graciously conducted a study to help make mobile marketers' lives a little bit easier: "What Users Want Most From Mobile Sites Today."
The study, which we found via Marketing Land, reports on two helpful perspectives. First, it helps you make the case for mobile site optimization by reporting on how smartphone users feel about mobile browsing experiences with businesses now. Then, it dives into the actual things smartphone users want from a company's mobile site.
With this data, you can build a case and actually make a user's dream scenario happen! Take a look at some of the highlights we've pulled from the study that we think will help you with your mobile marketing.
How Smartphone Users Feel About the Mobile Browsing Experience
1) 96% of smartphone users have encountered sites that weren't designed for mobile devices. Tweet This Stat!
2) 67% of users are more likely to purchase a product or service from a mobile-friendly site. Tweet This Stat!
3) 74% of users say they're also more likely to return to a site in the future if it's mobile-friendly. Tweet This Stat!
4) On the other hand, 79% of users who don't like what they find on a mobile site will go look for the information they need on another site. Tweet This Stat!
5) Additionally, 52% of users said a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company. Tweet This Stat!
6) And even if users really like a business, 50% of users will use that business less if their site isn't mobile-friendly. Tweet This Stat!
7) 48% of users say they feel frustrated and annoyed when on sites that are poorly optimized for mobile. 36% say they feel like they've wasted their time when they visit those sites. Tweet This Stat!
8) 48% of users that report a business' site didn't work well on their smartphones took it as an indication the company didn't care about their business. Tweet This Stat!
Read the entire post including 11 more stats on HubSpot's Inbound Marketing Blog.