In today's world where nearly everyone is online, having a strong digital marketing strategy for your business is a must. It enables businesses to personalize communications to a specific audience, allowing businesses to promote directly to people who are likely to be interested in their product.
PPC or pay-per-click advertising is one of the most well-established and effective digital marketing strategies. As a result, PPC marketing has become very important for increasing business success.
What is PPC?
PPC stands for pay-per-click, a type of digital marketing in which businesses pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. When consumers enter related keywords or phrases to any advertising platforms, PPC advertising will allow your website to appear on advertising platforms such as the search engine result page (SERP) like Google, Bing, and Yahoo and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
In other words, PPC is a method of purchasing visitors to your website rather than seeking to acquire those views organically.
Benefits of PPC?
With the way PPC works, there are numerous advantages that your company can gain by incorporating PPC into your digital marketing mix.
PPC can be an excellent investment because you only pay for the visitors you receive. In alternative advertising models, marketers pay a charge to have their ad displayed but have no guarantee that it is producing results. With pay per click, there is a clear correlation between cost and performance.
Increases Traffic to Your Website
When consumers search for words relating to your products or services, your ad will appear at the top of advertising platforms such as SERPs and social media sites. As a result, prospective buyers will click on the ad, driving traffic to your website.
Target Right Audience
PPC will allow you to categorize your market to reach the right audience. You can select a goal for both your audience and relevant keywords in your PPC campaign approach. You can also target your PPC ad to new, old, and current customers.
Your ad will be displayed to those who search for the keywords you choose. You can target your audience based on:
- Geographic location
- Date & More
As a result, PPC is critical for every online business to gain greater exposure and better-quality leads.
Helps Convert Leads
You're using PPC advertising to reach out to potential clients who are looking for your services or products. Because they already need your company's services, you have a better chance of converting visitors to customers.
Why You Should Use PPC?
PPC is a must-have for increasing your company's online presence and growth. Aside from the benefits of PPC, there are a few other reasons why your company should use it.
- Faster Results – The results of your PPC efforts will be visible almost immediately. In a matter of hours, your ads can show at the top of search results for the keywords you specify once your PPC campaign goes live.
- Measurable – PPC allows you to track the effectiveness of your campaign. Your spending can be increased or decreased depending on the result of your PPC ads.
- Customizable – PPC allows you to make changes as you run your campaigns to see what works best for you.
- Grants You Full Control - You can control and fine-tune every part of your marketing strategy with PPC. You also have complete control over how much money you spend on your campaign.
When Not To Use PPC
PPC has a lot of advantages, but just like any other digital marketing strategy, you have to identify what you want to achieve. If you want long-term compounding results, it is not advisable to use PPC.
PPC requires ongoing investment, which means if you turn off the cash flow, your traffic will stop. This implies that if your ad doesn’t generate enough revenue, you'll run out of money and end up worse off than when you started.
PPC and SEO
PPC advertising is all about presenting paid adverts on search engine results pages, whereas Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services focus on boosting organic traffic to your website. It could be the best investment you've ever made if you can afford to use both marketing strategies.
SEO and PPC work together to create a total that is larger than the sum of its parts. The advantages include:
- Greater Visibility And ROI
- Shared Keyword Data
- PPC Gives SEO A Boost
- PPC Ads Help Refine Organic Keyword Strategy
- More Social Media Exposure
- Share Goals And Combine Metrics For Better Insights
Keeping track of your PPC metrics can help to assure your ads are generating sales and assisting your company in achieving its objectives. It will help you understand how well a PPC campaign is performing and see if you’re successfully engaging with your target audience.
Here are the most important PPC Metrics to consider:
- Clicks: Percentage of people that click on a paid search.
- Average cost per visit: The average amount paid per click.
- Click-Through Rates (CTR): The frequency with which your ad is clicked on after it has been seen.
- Shared Impressions: The frequency with which a keyword's advertising is presented.
- Conversion: The percentage of times a click leads to a sale.
- Rate of Conversion: The cost of each paying conversion.
- Custom Cost per Conversion: The average worth of an entire conversion.
- Return On Paid Search Metrics: The percentage of your Paid Search Metrics that have increased or decreased in value.
To learn more about PPC within your digital marketing mix, contact us at Connection Model today. We can help you build effective PPC and SEO strategies to grow your business!
Written By: David Carpenter