Are you wondering how to make mobile marketing a part of your marketing strategy? There’s no denying that mobile marketing can produce great results, and is much more likely to be engaged by your audiences. However, how do you incorporate mobile into your existing strategy? Let us introduce you to the concept and implementation of mobile marketing.
Mobile marketing is known as any kind of advertising that promotes services and products through various mobile devices. Mobile marketing uses modern technology, such as location services, to create personalized marketing campaigns according to the target’s location. In other words, mobile marketing is a digital way to approach your audience using their phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
However, to succeed in mobile marketing, you will first have to:
- Create mobile-friendly content
- Make use of mobile platforms and apps
- Define your audience for effective mobile advertising
What are the Pros/Cons?
When it comes to online advertising, mobile marketing can offer many advantages, such as:
- It offers a much easier point of access: There’s no need for a lot of technical know-how or high-level technology making it easy to get started. As such, it can be much easier to measure the level of success from mobile marketing campaigns.
- Mobile marketing is cost-effective: There are various options to choose from when you want to create a mobile marketing campaign. It's compatible with all kinds of budgets and is comparable to social media ads which are also much cheaper than purchasing ad space for television or radio.
- Reach customers in real-time: With mobile marketing, customers can stay connected with you no matter where they’re located. On the other hand, television or radio marketing only works when customers are listening to the radio or watching TV.
Furthermore, 71% of marketers find that mobile marketing makes up a big part of their business. However, there are also disadvantages to using this marketing strategy, including:
- Potential for increased costs for users: While mobile marketing is a cost-effective option to take, it also has the potential of increasing costs to customers. For instance, if a campaign needs the user to watch a video and they don't have an unlimited data plan, it may use up their monthly data allowance. As a result, they may get charges outside of their allotment.
- Privacy issues: When it comes to how data is collected through mobile devices, companies are often questioned if they have the right to do so. This is because it can be used to send spam or worse, for identity theft should the data fall into the wrong hands.
- No room for errors: A mobile marketing campaign will need to be well-executed right from the first day. Because users have a limited attention spans when it comes to text messages, a poor mobile marketing campaign won’t get their attention and could lead to a loss of interest. There’s also a lot of competition on this platform, so there is no room for plans that are subpar.
Why Mobile Marketing?
Mobile marketing is a great way to reach customers and build campaigns. Apart from the advantages listed above, there are other reasons why you should consider using mobile marketing for your business.
Mobile marketing provides the opportunity to automate your whole process. It also allows you to send messages, promos, and sales to multiple customers at a time.
This method allows you to send to whoever you want, whenever you want without doing much manual labor. Moreover, it also sends your messages at lightning speeds, so your customers can stay in the loop at all times.
Designing mobile marketing campaigns is a straightforward and no-fuss process. If you’re not too familiar with mobile marketing, you can get help from your technical support team or you can opt for user-friendly software.
While this isn’t a feature exclusive to mobile devices, it’s certainly a helpful one. This powerful tool will allow you to communicate with clients that may not speak the same language, thus increasing the possibility of doing business with them.
Another great thing about mobile devices is that they offer location-based features that can help you provide information to your audiences that’s relevant to their location.
Types of Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing is a practical way of getting your message across to your audiences because they spend so much of their time on their phones. Here are the essential types of mobile marketing you can use for your campaigns in 2022:
- Text promotion
- QR codes
- Mobile website
- Location-based marketing
- Mobile coupons
- Mobile search
- Mobile ads
- App-based marketing
- In-game mobile marketing
- Mobile payment
- Augmented and virtual reality
Is Mobile Marketing the Same as Social Media Marketing?
Both social media marketing and mobile marketing are part of digital marketing, which encompasses everything that can be used to send marketing campaigns and messages to audiences. Digital marketing includes the use of social media, email, text messages, and other digital means. As such, the use of various devices, including mobiles, laptops, and tablets are made to tailor-fit messages to clients.
Social media marketing focuses on the use of popular social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. On the other hand, mobile marketing makes use of the same approach but with an added solution for people who use their mobile devices.
Mobile Marketing vs Traditional Marketing
Unlike traditional marketing, mobile marketing takes advantage of the many users that have mobile devices which they carry at all times. Because of this, mobile marketing can achieve better results by offering deals, coupons, and promotions based on their audience's location. As such, marketing campaigns can be personalized to each user, which in turn, provides more leads and sales.
How Does Mobile Marketing Fit into Overall Digital Marketing Strategy?
No matter what kind of business or company you run, mobile marketing is an important tool because mobile devices are now a part of our daily lives. They can help in various ways within our digital marketing strategies by implementing some of the following features:
- SMS text messaging
- Push notifications
- MMS multimedia messaging
- In-game or in-app marketing
- Mobile websites
- QR codes
As such, brands and companies will do well to use a combination of the above mobile marketing strategies to supplement their existing digital marketing efforts.
Mobile Marketing and Google
Google’s App and Play Store have been optimized for small screens and have chosen the right apps for maximum engagement from audiences. Google has also done their research and knows that to get to mobile users, they provide digital experiences that are made specifically for their audience. This is why they’ve developed Google Media Lab, where all their digital advertising campaigns and mobile marketing strategies undergo fine-tuning.
Trust Connection Model for Results-Driven Digital Marketing
At Connection Model, we provide flawless digital marketing services, such as website design, paid searches, digital brand management, as well as content creation and more. Make the most of your digital marketing campaigns by working with a team that will get you results. Get started today by visiting our website or by giving us a call at 1-206-400-7724
Written By: David Carpenter